Friday, March 26, 2010

Foundation Routine!

So today I thought I would do a foundation routine so you all can get an idea of what I wear everyday. I have a few so this will be the first part. This is the one i mainly use & its my basic coverage. The majority of these products are drugstore which is great for people like me who are on a budget(: I'll also post my daily eye look soon. I hope you all enjoy!




To get started the first thing I do is apply my MAC Prep & Prime!
I love this is makes my skin feel so silky, it has slight shimmer but after you apply foundation you cant see it. I have no clue why its there but I'm glad is disappears(: It helps to apply my foundation because my skin has a great base and itaides in helping it last all day.
An alternative to this product is: Rimmels fix & prefect primer which you can find here.I hear this is a good primer as well & i will be trying it out soon!

Next I apply my foundation, Almay TLC (truly lasting color)
This is a long-wearing foundation & it covers nicely. Ive been using it for about 2 months now and i really enjoy it. It really covers blemishes & is just an all around great foundation. I apply this with my fingers nad blend into my hair line and jaw line. Remember to finish with blending downward to conceal the hairs on your face, or whichever way yours may go.

Then I apply my concealer, ELF All over color stick
This is a very creamy concealer. It is a little hard to blend but it covers very well. I use my Sonia Kashuck  foundation brush to apply this then blend with my fingers. This concealer also has a very fresh scent that I love(:

My powder is, Loreal True Match
This powder is great for a touch up it comes in a greats compact with a sponge and mirror. By mid day if you need some extra coverage dab this on real quick & your looking great. In the morning though i apply this with my Studio Tools "skunk brush". Its an amazing product and Ive gone through so many. I always have backups. I love this stuff!

For bronzer Ive been using Bronze booster by Physicians Formula
I'mvery pale so many bronzer's tend to look muddy or orange on me. When applied light & correctly though, this can warm up my skin tone. This is the best bronzer I've tried so far and I have tried many. Even the well known NARS Laguna didn't work for me. I apply this with my Studio Tools "skunk brush".

As a highlight I love, Benfit's  Highbeam
I don't normally wear highlights but when I do I always reach for this. It gives such an amazing glow to your skin. I  apply this above the apples of my cheeks in a C shape as well as my brow bone and inner corners of my eye, I go over the inner corners of my eye with a nice light color & it makes em look so fresh and awake. As you can see by the picture I only have the sample but once it is up I will defiantly be purchasing the large size.

For blush I use, Benefit's, Posietint
Again, I normally don't wear blushes because they tend to look very powdery and I have rosacea on my cheeks & would rather not extenuate it. But this give such a perfect glow and its a liquid formula so there's no cakey look! Lately my skincare routine has been keeping my redness in line so i reach for this more and more. Again this is a sample but once its up I'm buying the big one(: I just do 3 to 4 dots on the apples of my cheek and blend in a circle moving back. It is also a lip stain! This lasts for hours and I can not get over how gorgeous the color is!

As a daily eyeliner, Loreal HiP Color Truth Cream Eyeliner
I apply this to my waterline everyday, at first when i thought of applying a gel to my waterline i was a bit afraid. But not I really love it. I have NO smudges at all throughout the day & it lasts for about 8 hours! Its absolutely amazing. For touch ups when I'm out ill use Covergirl's eyeliner that you twist up. I don't remember the name! Ive never tried anything that doesn't smudge. For an added effect I will apply this to my tight line as well. I use a 1/4 inch angle brush I got from Micheal's craft store to apply this.

I'm very picky about my mascara. I always get samples from Lancome and I've got about 4 of these exact ones laying around. From they second the brush swiped my lashes it was love at first sight! NO clumps last all day & its just simply amazing! On coat on each eye & it even looks great on the lower lashes which I'm always skeptical about. I curl my lashes prior to applying this with my Lancome eyelash curler which i also got in a free gift sample thing. I'm going to try out the ELF one soon though.

For eyebrows, Maybelline Great Lash Clear Mascara Gel
This stuff keeps your lashes in place all day. Since its a clear gel your gonna want to replace it about every month. Don't buy the expensive ones, this one works just as well. Another tip is spraying hairspray on an eyelash comb and then brushing it on your eyebrows. This clear gel is also great for a clean look on your lashes.

Thats it! It seems like a lot but it only takes me about 10 minutes or less!

Have an awesome day everyone! Any questions? Leave a comment!

<3








No comments:

Post a Comment